Do I have Fructose Intolerance or...What else could it be?
It is really hard to diagnose yourself.
(Even if you are a Doctor! The Medical Board strongly advises all Doctors in Australia to have a GP of their own.)
There is a very long list of other things that can cause similar symptoms to Fructose Intolerance, so it is best to seek expert advice and take the time needed to make an accurate diagnosis BEFORE you start trying to adjust your diet.
Here is a list of some things that could cause similar symptoms to Fructose Intolerance.
They are arranged in alphabetical order. Some occur commonly and others are really rare.
Your Doctor will ask lots of questions to help narrow the list, and may suggest some tests.
- Antibiotic Associated Colitis
- Caffeine – excess intake
- Coeliac Disease
- Constipation with overflow diarrhoea
- Crohn’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose intolerance
- Lymphocytic colitis
- Maltose intolerance
- Non coeliac gluten sensitivity
- Parasites or Bacteria from contaminated food or water
- Rare tumours – e.g.; Gastrinoma, Carcinoid Tumours
- Salicylate Intolerance
- Side effects of some medications for other conditions
- Small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Sorbitol and Polyols intolerance
- Sugar Free Sweets/Gum/Mints – excess intake
- Ulcerative Colitis
There are no products to list in this category.